I hope THAT got your attention!
I've been writing my diary for one whole year now.
I have learned many things.
I've learned the definition of the words VACUOUS and BALLOON, and the words MENDACIOUS and BLAIRIMORT. And IRONY.
And I've learned that the best way to get to the top of the Lib Dem Blogregator is to mention Sir Mr the Merciless AND/OR something smutty in your title.
(Daddy says I should look up the word CUNNING!)
Because what I REALLY want you to read is this:
FREE, FAIR and FLUFFY
I have said several times that we need to have some BETTER ANSWERS.
So, I have put all of my fluffy brainpower into coming up with some suggestions, things that I think would be JOLLY GOOD IDEAS.
But I am NOT SURE. After all, I am only a fluffy soft toy and NOT on the Federal Policy Committee (unlike certain Daddies I could mention).
My idea is to come up with some actual "to do" things – not vague woolly feel-good aspirations like Mr Balloon, and not target-setting nannying like Lord Blairimort. Just things to say: "we would like to go out and do this".
I do not think that we could do ALL of them: they are probably lots too expensive. And I may have got some things WRONG or forgotten something REALLY IMPORTANT.
Please, please tell me.
(But please do not be too harsh or you may make Daddy Richard CRY!)
The Liberal Democrats exist to build a free, fair and open society… in which no-one shall be enslaved by poverty, ignorance or conformity.
Your government should only be there to serve you. We exist only at your sufferance and neither you nor we should ever forget that. Our job is to do only the things you need and leave you free to live your life for yourself.
- You need – food, shelter, warmth
- Green Power: it's the future
- More Houses and Better Houses
- A health check at the doctor's and an appointment you can get to
- Reduce the levels of debt
- Police Stations: Keep them open all night
- End the War on Terror
- Raise the minimum wage so working families aren't on benefits (and cut taxes on business in return)
- Just STOP telling people how to live their lives
- Lower Taxes, you should decide how you spend your money
- Fewer Laws: you don't need us to make something else illegal every single day
- No I.D.iot cards!
- Everyone deserves a free education
- Let's Build Rocket Ships
You need – security: protection from ill-health; from poverty; from crime
You need – your family
You need – to be trusted
You need – to be the best you can be