In celebration of this special day, here is the Wikimeme represented on behalf of Mrs Her Britannic Majesty, Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Chief Perkin of the Pixie People of Patagonia, Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe, Order of Merit, Order of the Garter, Order of the Elephant (I’m not making this up!), Defender of the Faith, Gawdblessyew Ma'am.
On this day in history
1. 753 BC: Romulus founds Rome. Remus helps.
2. 1944: Women in France get the VOTE. IRONICALLY.
3. 1994: The first planet OUTSIDE the Solar System is discovered by Polish astromoner Aleksander Wolszczan.
Two famous birthdays:
1. Mr James Newell Osterberg Jr. better known as IGGY POP who is in an episode of STAR TREK DEEP SPACE NINE as an ALIEN. No really.
2. Mr GERALD FLOOD who in in an episode of DOCTOR WHO as a ROBOT KING JOHN. I'm not kidding.
And a famous death
1. King HENRY TULIP, who oddly enough was also in Daddy Richard's Wikimeme.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Little Old Lady!
PS: Very lots of THANK YOUS to everyone who has been SO NICE about yesterday’s diary.